Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Jared and jaffa cakes

Every since he learned about Jaffa cakes on yogscast awhile ago he has been obsessed with them. Unfortunately we haven't been able to find them here in the US. But Jared did something even better, he found a recipe for them. I'm not sure how close to the original they are but I do know they are fun to make.

For this recipe Jared had to make a few conversions, so math was used. Kitchen math is my favorite as an unschooling mom. As an adult kitchen math is what I use on a daily basis, my kids use it right along side me.

Cooking does lead to some disappointment, nothing is ever as perfect as it appears in pictures.

The results were tasty though and that is what matters.


First step: converting the recipe, cell phones make this job a piece of cake. 







Then, measure and mix the ingredients. 



Into the oven to bake. 


The cookie part is done. 


The finished product. 


The inspiration. 



If you are interested in making your own jaffa cakes the recipe can be found here. http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/homemadejaffacakes_91480

No comments:

Post a Comment